3.7

Update by user Nov 12, 2015

An Administrative Assistant at Unilever in Trinidad contacted me and we had some good dialogue.I am convinced that the matter is being investigated so as to ascertain the root of the problem.

Although I was not impressed with the attitude of personnel at Massy Stores where I purchased the item, they did contact Unilever who in turn contacted me.I will follow up with Unilever.

Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2015

I am a consumer from the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

In June/July of this year,2015 I purchased 4 bags of Lipton Chai Tea with an expiry date of September 2016 from the grocery store I shop at regularly. The contents of three (3) of the boxes had already been ingested and I was halfway on the fourth (4) box when from the corner of my eye I saw movement in the bag of chai tea I was holding in my hand. On close examination I realized that there were some sort of living species (I am not sure if they are weevils, parasites, bugs, insects, etc.) moving around in the bag of tea. I am still disgusted at the fact that I have probably ingurgitated some of these "whatevers" over the last few months. I have reported the matter to Customer Care at the grocery store I purchased the product from, but their first response was not satisfactory and I am now awaiting a further response from them.

My purpose is not compensation but positive action by my grocery store to ensure that Lipton does a thorough investigation and examination of these products in an effort to ascertain the cause and subsequently prevent this abomination from ever, ever occurring.

DS60 wrote the review because of bad quality at Lipton and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lipton to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lipton lipton chai tea for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Lipton?

Comments

I was just researching so I could buy some chai tea from lipton since I like how strong their teas are, now I'm very reluctant.......