Bugs in Lipton Chai tea.

Update added by user Nov 12, 2015

An Administrative Assistant at Unilever in Trinidad contacted me and we had some good dialogue.I am convinced that the matter is being investigated so as to ascertain the root of the problem.

Although I was not impressed with the attitude of personnel at Massy Stores where I purchased the item, they did contact Unilever who in turn contacted me.I will follow up with Unilever.

Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2015

I am a consumer from the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

In June/July of this year,2015 I purchased 4 bags of Lipton Chai Tea with an expiry date of September 2016 from the grocery store I shop at regularly. The contents of three (3) of the boxes had already been ingested and I was halfway on the fourth (4) box when from the corner of my eye I saw movement in the bag of chai tea I was holding in my hand. On close examination I realized that there were some sort of living species (I am not sure if they are weevils, parasites, bugs, insects, etc.) moving around in the bag of tea. I am still disgusted at the fact that I have probably ingurgitated some of these "whatevers" over the last few months. I have reported the matter to Customer Care at the grocery store I purchased the product from, but their first response was not satisfactory and I am now awaiting a further response from them.

My purpose is not compensation but positive action by my grocery store to ensure that Lipton does a thorough investigation and examination of these products in an effort to ascertain the cause and subsequently prevent this abomination from ever, ever occurring.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Lipton Chai Tea
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #715731 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lipton? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19 #1175103

I was just researching so I could buy some chai tea from lipton since I like how strong their teas are, now I'm very reluctant.......

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lipton. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lipton.
Filing a new complaint about