Update added by user Nov 12, 2015
An Administrative Assistant at Unilever in Trinidad contacted me and we had some good dialogue.I am convinced that the matter is being investigated so as to ascertain the root of the problem.
Although I was not impressed with the attitude of personnel at Massy Stores where I purchased the item, they did contact Unilever who in turn contacted me.I will follow up with Unilever.
Original review posted by user Oct 13, 2015
I am a consumer from the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
In June/July of this year,2015 I purchased 4 bags of Lipton Chai Tea with an expiry date of September 2016 from the grocery store I shop at regularly. The contents of three (3) of the boxes had already been ingested and I was halfway on the fourth (4) box when from the corner of my eye I saw movement in the bag of chai tea I was holding in my hand. On close examination I realized that there were some sort of living species (I am not sure if they are weevils, parasites, bugs, insects, etc.) moving around in the bag of tea. I am still disgusted at the fact that I have probably ingurgitated some of these "whatevers" over the last few months. I have reported the matter to Customer Care at the grocery store I purchased the product from, but their first response was not satisfactory and I am now awaiting a further response from them.
My purpose is not compensation but positive action by my grocery store to ensure that Lipton does a thorough investigation and examination of these products in an effort to ascertain the cause and subsequently prevent this abomination from ever, ever occurring.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lipton Chai Tea
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
You May Also Like
- "Found a small yellow worm on one of the FROOT LOOPS after pouring it into my bowl. It was stuck to the cereal and looks like it must have dried..."
- "My name is Mouyed Abdelgabbar, Canadian , Living in Dammam , Saudi Arabia . 2 weeks ago , i bought a Lipton brand , Peach Mango Tea , a new product..."
- "My husband loves German Chocolate cake. We bought one in the frozen food section today and let it set out in the box for about an hour. I cut a..."
- "Hi there, I purchased San Antonio Sage and Olive Grove a few years ago. Did some renovations recently and purchased another 5 gallon bucket of San Antonio Sage. Shouldn't the color..."
- "Hi I am from the Caribbean and I normally purchase the Lays classic brand but this time around it is totally salty I cannot eat any this isn't fair ..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."